[Blog Home] | [Home] | [Forums] | [Wiki]


Thursday, November 01, 2007

Opening Night in Miami

Some reactions on Opening Night in Miami for the Heat's 20th NBA season.

Has it really been 20 years? I was 10 when the Heat came to town...funny how time flies. Especially when you want a second championship.

Ricky Davis looked ok in his debut. He has to learn the intricacies of Riley's offense, but basically when this team is hoping to play in the 80s, there is a longer learning curve. But does anyone else feel that this team looks a lot more athletic with Dorell, Davis and Smush on the floor?

Detroit just has our number. Even Smush couldn't finish a dunk tonight, the Heat were just off. I mean Tayshaun Prince had 33 points tonight. In fact, he is typing this blog for me from the AAA on my computer and I live in Aventura. Just saying, the guy has freakishly long arms. Arms like stilts.

Zo looked majestic. Too bad this is his "last" season in the NBA, he still looks like a full time starter out ther eon the floor - manning the paint and contesting every shot.

Dorell Wright is intent on being the best kept secret in the NBA. Or at least Riley is intent on keeping it that way.

We had an Alexander Johnson sighting. I expect big things from him. Really.

But I also expect better from this Miami team. No Wade, no win, but we got Indy up next.

No comments: