[Blog Home] | [Home] | [Forums] | [Wiki]


Wednesday, November 07, 2007

MiamiHeatwave.com is NOT DEAD

For those of you wondering what is going on, here is the gist of it.

My site has been accused of phishing. This has not happened with my knowledge as I alone run the site. Now, if someone hacked into the backend and did something to create a phishing section of my site - that is another story.

Right now, another company has accused my site of phishing and my host is not available with tech support or account support at this time. Because I cannot fix the problem myself, with the account being suspended, I cannot see what the problem is or how to rectify it.

Once I get to the bottom of this, things will be fixed and MiamiHeatwave.com will be back up and running shortly.

The company accusing me of phishing, however, will not be treated lightly for their misplaced accusations. I was never given any chance to fix this problem and was certainly never contacted directly.

Yet, rest assured, MiamiHeatwave.com will be back in the next 24 hours or so.

5 comments:

Shaqdu17 said...

Hey ! What is the problem ? Can you explain the word "phishing" ? I don't understand.

I miss Miamiheatwave !!!

Anonymous said...

Glad I found your blog, and glad you'll be getting the site back up.

GO HEAT!

-Stallion

Anonymous said...

Dude, let me know if you need legal support. I've got serious MHZ withdrawl.

WadeSkywalker

Unknown said...

Thanks guys.

Phishing is basically using a web site to spam and get information from innocent people. Someone must have hacked my site and used it for phishing activities - IF these claims are true. I can't validate it because my account is suspended at the moment, and my attempts to resolve this issue have not been heard. I have emailed IPS (my host) and have called them and talked to a customer service representative three times - two times it was "after hours" (6pm!) - and the other time their customer service representative said he would get it back online for me in a matter of minutes. Which never happened.

Needless to say, I am suffering from MHW withdrawal AND my site is being messed with!!! ARGH!!!

This week, I will have it back up somehow.

Anonymous said...

WEll any new news???

Heat put a helluva show on tonight vs the Celtics, huh?

WadeSkywalker