[Blog Home] | [Home] | [Forums] | [Wiki]


Monday, March 31, 2008

Heat Fan Shutting it Down for the Season

Due to retinal scarring from watching too many games this season, I am afraid I will have to announce I am shutting it down for the rest of the NBA season.

Yes, my eyes have been literally burned with horrible images of turnovers, bad defense and missed shots. Yesterday's game against the Celtics damn near made my eyes bleed.

17 field goals made in their 88-62 loss. Well, a loss would indicate they showed up, but Miami never even seemed to make the flight. Blake Ahearn had 12 points. Need I say more?

Besides, if Dwyane Wade, Marcus Banks, Shawn Marion, Udonis Haslem, Shaq and Jason Williams are all out with injuries, then why should I watch and risk further damage to my eyes anyway? Oh, did I say Shaq? Whatever happened to that guy? He seemed to have disappeared after the 2006 championship - maybe Riley and Arison should put out a APB for him.

Oh, that's right, we traded him for Marion and Banks. Whom are both injured now...wow.

Well, I have to cut this short as I am using my eyes to aid myself in my meager typing anyway. I would say that this column will be missed but considering how badly this season has gone I am probably the only left, outside of Joel Anthony, Chris Quinn and Ricky Davis, that is putting anything into this season anyway.

2 comments:

JasonD76 said...

You're not the only one left. :) I still read Heat news on a daily basis, although admittedly my interest has turned more towards the draft than the players we field on the court at this point. Will you be posting this offseason? If so, I'll look for you then. Have a great break, and let's pray the basketball gods are favorable with the ping pong balls.

On a sidenote, what'd you think about Stephane Lasme? I think we should bring him back this summer. At the very least, he should prove useful in practices with the defense he plays.

Unknown said...

LOL Jasond76 I am not shutting it down. It was just kind of a joke considering all the Heat players that are "shutting it down" these days.

We are very active over on the boards at MiamiHeatwave - well, those of us left who can stomach the losses. I can't ween myself off of this stuff!!